- One head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- One head of Cauliflower, (leaves trimmed and cut into small florets)
- 250 grams macaroni pasta
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar (or any leftover cheese)
- 2 cups grated Parmesan (finely)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 50 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius. In a large saucepan place the macaroni with about 2 cups of salted boiling water (just enough to cover completely). Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Place chopped cauliflower and broccoli into a steamer and cook until tender. Once cooked drain and place all the broccoli and half the cauliflower mix into the pasta. Set aside the other half of the cauliflower to cool.
- Once cool, blend the butter, half the cauliflower, garlic and cheddar cheese until smooth and combined.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to your pasta and broccoli, add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring to coat.
- Transfer the macaroni mixture into a medium sized ovenproof baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with grated parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
WE LOVE LEFTOVERS: Use leftover cheese and for a crunchy topping, plus try making a crunchy topping with stale bread by chopping up the bread in a food processor and sprinkling onto with grated cheese.