- 1 teaspoon of Tasmanian olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of dried red lentils
- 3 Large carrots, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, crushed
- 3 cups of stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 cup of light canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons of curry paste
- 1 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
Rinse lentils under running water, set aside to drain.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, carrots, garlic and onions.
Cook for 5-8 minutes or util onion has softened. Add ginger and spices, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add lentils and stock, bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minuets.
Add coconut milk and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until lentils have softened and cooked through.
Season with black pepper and add chopped fresh herbs like coriander and parsley—enjoy!
We Love Leftovers: Once fully cooled you can freeze the dahl for up to three months.