- 2 Fennel bulbs
- 2 Apples
- ½ Cup Parmesan, shaved
- 1 cup Tasmanian extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and quarter fennel bulbs and cut apples in half. Use a mandolin to thinly slice everything and place prepared fennel and apple in a large salad bowl.
- In a small jar add the dressing ingredients, cover with the lid and shake vigorously (use as needed; store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days)
- Toss the salad with dressing and add shaved Parmesan.
(optional, season with crushed walnuts, dill and extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil).