Garlic oil is the perfect additon to your kitchn pantry, easy to make and use. We love drizzling garlic oil over roast veg, salalds and adding to dressings. You can add your oil to mariniades for meat and veg or add to dips such as hummus and pesto.
- 2 cups (480 ml) Tasmanian extra virgin olive oil.
- 6 large cloves of fresh garlic, peeled, whole or halved
- Have ready a glass storage bottle, container, or jar with an airtight lid. Rinse with boiling water and dry thoroughly, set aside.
- Pour oil in a small saucepan and heat over low heat just until just warm to the touch, then remove from heat. It is important not to overheat the oil as its flavour and integrity will degrade. No need to use a thermometer, just go by touch and only heat the oil until it is warm, not hot.
- Add garlic cloves to oil off the heat, and allow to sit for about two hours. Strain into the clean jar, making sure to remove all of the garlic pieces.
- Seal jars and store in refrigerator, using within three days, or freeze for up to three months for safety.