For Grilled Cos
- 2 baby cos lettuce, quartered
- 1 tablespoon of Tasmanian Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of shaved parmesan cheese
For Shallot Dressing
- 2 golden shallots (French shallots)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60mls (1/4 cup) cider vinegar
- 60mls (1/4 cup) sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400 mls Tasmanian olive oil
To make Shallot Dressing
- Peel the shallots, leaving the root end intact.
- On a microplane or very fine grater, grate the shallots and garlic, you should have a fine paste.
- In a suitably sized jar, mix the vinegars, grated shallots and garlic, Dijon, salt, and sugar. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Add the oil and shake vigorously.
To Grill Cos Lettuce
- Drizzle lettuce with oil. Heat a barbecue grill or grill pan on medium. Cook lettuce for 3-4 mins each side or until lightly charred.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving plate. Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle dressing over top and serve.
We Love Leftovers: leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to three days.