- 100g salted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 baby fennels, quartered
- 3 red onions, quartered
- 1/2 bunch fresh herbs
- 2/3 cup (160ml) vegetable stock
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- Finely grated pecorino or parmesan, to serve
- 200g Panko breadcrumbs or old bread broken into pieces,
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh herbs ,
- 100g pecorino or parmesan , finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the breadcrumb topping, place bread in a food processor and turn into bread crumbs. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Heat butter and oil in a 1.5L (6-cup) heavy-based flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, and marjoram, and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove lid and stir through tomato.
- Scatter breadcrumb topping over the vegetables.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Scatter with pecorino to serve.