- 100 g pumpkin, shredded
- 1.1 kg mix of root veg, such as carrots, swede, parsnip, potato
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley (firmly packed)
- 20 g cheese, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 ml olive oil
- 100 g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel any veg that need it, then coarsely grate them into a large bowl add a good pinch of sea salt, toss and scrunch it all together, then leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a tea towel and bunch the top to make a little bag, then twist the top and squeeze to get rid of the excess liquid. Rinse and dry the bowl and pop the grated veg back in.
- Toss in the oil, pepper and spring onion until well mixed, then evenly scatter it over a large oiled baking tray (roughly 30cm x 40cm). Roast for around 35 minutes, or until golden on top and super-crispy around the edges.
- Serve the rösti with baby spinach leaves, we love to drizzle over pesto, crumble over leftover cheese and serve. Place it in the middle of the table and let everyone dig in. Enjoy with family and friends!