Looking at a bunch of kale you mightn’t see its full potential—we think this underrated veg is deliciously versatile. Try our easy Kale chips and make them your own with your choice of seasoning.
- Pre-heat oven to 100°C.
- Wash and dry your kale, remove the stems and tear into smaller pieces.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl and massage and mix seasoning of choice.
- Place seasoned kale pieces onto a large baking sheet. Make sure kale has space and there are no overlaps–this ensures chips are crispy and cook evenly. You may have to use two baking trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the kale halfway through at 15 minutes to ensure they evenly cook. Keep a close eye on chips as they can burn quickly–they are ready when slightly browned. As they cool the chips with crisp further.
- Chips are best enjoyed immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the pantry for up to three days. Do not freeze.
How to prepare? Remove the stems and enjoy the leaves.
This recipe is perfect for using up old kale leaves. Fresh is best, however they still taste great if produce is a few days old.