Located in Beautiful Glen Huon, Lisa from Campo de Flori producers olives and lavender and these tasty and fragrant biscuits make the most of seasonal lavender—a must to try at home.
You can learn more about Lisa and how to find and enjoy her produce here.
Recipe courtesy of Campo de Flori.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line baking sheets with non stick paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Stir in the lavender buds and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flours and add to butter mixture, working into a dough.
- Turn out on to a lightly floured bench and knead briefly until smooth.
- Divide into 2 equal pieces and shape each piece into a log about 20cm long and 4 cm thick.
- Wrap in cling flim and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove dough from freezer and unwrap cling film and allow to thaw for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife w/ a think blade, slice the dough logs into 1 cm thick round pieces. Place the rounds in a bowl with the extra caster sugar and coat them lightly before placing them on the baking trays.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes until the biscuits just start to turn golden.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays—and enjoy!