This is a quick veggie laden lasagne. Pumpkin can be a pain to peel so just roast it unpeeled in halves or quarters, then scoop out the cooked flesh. Less waste too! Pumpkins can vary a lot in flavour, from sweet and nutty to quite bland. If, after roasting your pumpkin you find it’s lacking in flavour, try adding a little tomato paste and plenty of seasoning to the mashed pumpkin mix.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the pumpkin halves and the onion on a greased baking tray and roast until pumpkin is tender. Remove the onion after about 20 minutes and chop into small dice.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl with the chopped onion, sage and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the stalks from the kale, finely chop the leaves and stalks. Heat a large fry pan, add the butter and remaining olive oil, soften the kale stalks and garlic for about 3 minutes, then add the chopped leaves. Cook stirring occasionally until the leaves have wilted and softened. Season to taste. Season to taste.
- Grease a 25cm x 25cm lasagne dish with olive oil.
- Line the base of the prepared dish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread over half the pumpkin mixture, then top with another layer of lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with half the ricotta mixture a hand full of the grated cheese and spread it evenly. Top with 1./2 kale, then cover with another layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat and then finish with remaining grated cheese and pecorino. Cook for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden. Enjoy with friends, family and colleagues.
Orci phasellus egestas tellus rutrum tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt. Risus ultricies tristique nulla aliquet.
Orci phasellus egestas tellus rutrum tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt. Risus ultricies tristique nulla aliquet. Orci phasellus egestas tellus rutrum tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt. Risus ultricies tristique nulla aliquet.