- 3-4 beetroots, pre-cooked (roasted)
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups of roughly chopped parsley
- 1 cup of mixed salad leaves
- 150g feta or goats cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Tasmanian extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Tasmanian extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients, pace in an airtight container or jar and store int the fridge for up to 2 days.
Preheat your oven to 180ºC on fan mode and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Chop the beetroots into medium-sized pieces and place them on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper and salt and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Whilst your beetroot cooks, prepare the dressing by placing all the ingredients into a small bowl and mixing.
After 20 minutes of roasting, add the onion and walnuts to the beetroots and roast for another 10 minutes. (keep a close eye on your walnuts as they can easily burn).
Remove the beetroot, onion and walnuts from oven and let them cool to room temperature.
In salad bowl mix your chopped parsley, feta or goat’s cheese and add your cooled beetroot mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss, ready to serve—enjoy!
TIP: To ensure that your leftover salad stays fresh for longer in the fridge, do not dress the whole salad with dressing –only the portions you will eat. Salad with dressing can turn soggy when stored in the fridge. Use an old jar to store your dressing for later use.