- 2 cups kale (remove stems, leaves only)
- ½ cup parsley (or a mix of herbs such as basil, chives, mint)
- 1/2 cup Tasmanian Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground almonds or whole almonds with or without skin (to make nut-free use sunflower seeds)
- Pulse the kale, herbs, olive oil, salt, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the almonds and pulse until your desired consistency. We like our pesto crunchy with some almonds still intact; you can pulse until smooth and creamy if preferred.
- Serve straight away or store in a jar in the fridge for up to one week. We love to stir our pesto through pasta, use as a pizza base, dip carrot, celery and cucumber sticks or crackers into – and it tastes delicious in a toasted cheese and veg sandwich.
We love leftovers: Pesto is excellent for using up old herbs and leafy green veg you have lying around the kitchen. You can use any mix of herbs instead of parsley if need and we love to use old carrot top greens in our pesto too (make sure you wash them well).