Sometimes friend power is better than willpower.
We’re encouraging all Tasmanians to join us in celebrating fresh, seasonal Tasmanian food on Plate With A Mate Day—invite your workplace, school, sporting club or local community groups to join the campaign and share a healthy plate of locally-made food with your mates.
- Support Tasmanians to Eat Well
- Champion local food—hospitality and producer businesses
- Create resources that help people enjoy healthier, delicious local food
- Promote the impact food has on wellbeing via fostering social connection
Invite your mate to share a plate.
When we eat with others, we have a natural tendency to use their behaviour as a guide—when we eat with a friend who’s chosen a meal with plenty of fruit and veg we are more likely to Eat Well too.Invite your mate to share a plate.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Use our #PlateWithAMate across social media
- Hold an event
- Celebrate with family and friends
- Encourage others in your workplace and community to join the campaign
- Invite a mate to join you for a healthy bite to eat
- Champion Tasmanian food ingredients when cooking a home
Unsure what to put on your plate?
We’ve created delicious recipes to cook at home—perfect for sharing with friends and family. Browse recipes here.