You could be part of the solution to encourage Tasmanians to enjoy more fruit.
Get Fruity is a campaign by Eat Well Tasmania and our partners to encourage Tasmanians to enjoy more delicious fruit every day. In Tasmania, we have a deserved reputation for high quality, fresh and tasty seasonal produce. Through the Get Fruity campaign we will:
- Inspire Tasmanians to eat fruit every day.
- Profile simple ways to enjoy fruit more often as part of everyday dishes and meals.
- Profile places where you can buy and consume fruit, with an emphasis on Tasmanian grown.
- Uses social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) to connect with Tasmanians.
Why is the Get Fruity Campaign so important?
In a state where we grow a wide variety of fruits across the year, paradoxically a decreasing number of adult Tasmanians are eating enough fruit.
Less than 40% of adults eat 2 serves of fruit each day. Our children and young people are doing slightly better, with 2/3 eating enough fruit each day.
There is room for improvement. Not only is fruit delicious to eat but it is also good for our health.
Eating seasonal fruit can help us manage our weight, reduce our risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Get Fruity will engage with Tasmanians online, at community events and where they can buy seasonal fruit.
Are you ready to support Get Fruity?
Here is what you can do:
- Use the tag #getfruity when you are using social media.
- Spread the word about Get Fruity, please use and share our posters, tips and recipe ideas.
- Help us reach more Tasmanians. Like us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share our posts with your friends, colleagues, family and followers.
- Connect us to other people, businesses, groups and organisations that would like to collaborate with us.
- Use #getfruity to share your photos online. Show us what you are eating, cooking, buying and growing.