- Fat-reduced puff pastry (enough to line a 24cm x 12xm rectangle, drop-base pastry tin, or something of a similar size)
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 200 grams sour cream or mascarpone
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted hazelnuts
- ¼ bunch of chives
- 1 tbsp Tasmanian olive oil
- 50 grams shaved parmesan cheese (or any cheese you have in the fridge).
- Optional: 1 tsp + a pinch of Aleppo pepper flakes
Preheat an oven to 180°C
In a small bowl, mix the mascarpone or sour cream, 1 tsp Aleppo pepper, ½ the lemon zest, salt, and some pepper until incorporated
Line your baking tin with the puff pastry
Trim the woody ends from the asparagus
Spread the mascarpone/sour cream mix onto the bottom of the puff pastry
Place the asparagus spears on top, alternating their orientation (this ensures even cooking and presentation!)
Put in the oven to cook for 16-20 minutes
If your hazelnuts are raw with the skin on, toast them for 7 minutes in the 180°C oven, place inside a tea-towel and rub vigorously to remove the skins (they’re bitter)
Chop the toasted hazelnuts coarsely and finely chop the chives.
In another small bowl, mix the hazelnuts, chives, the rest of the lemon zest, the pinch of Aleppo pepper, olive oil and a small squeeze of the lemon juice (about a tablespoon worth).
Remove the galette from the tin and dress with the hazelnut mixture, top with the shaved parmesan. Serve immediately—enjoy!