- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 3 cups of spring greens, roughly chopped (e.g., kale, silver beet, spinach)
- 150 grams of feta or goat’s cheese
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- ½ cup of mushrooms of choice
- 1 tablespoon of Tasmanian olive oil
- wholemeal short-crust pastry
- pepper and salt to season
Preheat oven to 180C.
Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat and add olive oil, onions, mushrooms, rosemary, and thyme. Sautee for 5-7 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir through chopped greens until wilted.
Grease a 24cm quiche dish and line with pastry. Pour in greens mixture and evenly spread over dish.
Trim the asparagus, removing the woody ends and arrange onto of the green’s mixture in the quiche dish. Crumble goats’ cheese or feta and then pour the egg mixture evenly across the dish.
Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad.