- 2 tablespoons Tasmanian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 Leeks, washed and diced
- 2 large bulbs of fennel, trimmed, washed and diced
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to season
Garnish, choice of
- Chopped fresh fennel fronds
- Chopped Herbs (Dill or parsley)
- Thinly slice fennel and fry in olive oil and garlic for a crispy topping (as pictured)
- Garlic croutons
- Shaved Parmesan
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the onion, chopped fennel and leek and a large pinch of salt. Cook gently for about 5 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and lost some of their volume. Add the potatoes and garlic and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add salt to taste, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Once veg has softened remove from heat and let cool. Blend the soup until smooth with an immersion blender, or ladle into a blender.
- Re-heat and season with salt and pepper and enjoy with your choice of garnishes.
WE LOVE LEFTOVERS: Store leftover soup in your fridge for up to three days or freeze in individual portions for up to three months.
TIP: use up stale bread by making delicious garlic croutons as a garnish for your soup.