- 2 Slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 150g mushrooms of choice
- 1 tablespoon of brown rice miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce or tamari
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of Tasmanian olive oil
Heat a medium-sized fry pan to medium heat and drizzle with olive oil and add chopped mushrooms to pan. Cook for 5-10 minuets until mushrooms are brown and softened.
Add miso paste, crushed garlic, soy sauce and sesame seeds to pan, stir through.
Reduce heat to low and add to the pan spinach and drizzle of sesame oil, stir through mushrooms until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
Place mushroom and spinach mix on once piece of bread and sandwich. Enjoy straight away.
We Love Leftovers: any excess mushroom and spinach mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to three days and used in omelettes and stir fries.
Tip: Miso paste is the pantry stable you didn’t know you needed! Try adding a spoon full into sauces, spaghetti bolognaise, soups and even into brownies!