- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- In a large, dep frying pan, sauté beetroot over medium heat in butter, add water and simmer until beets are just turning soft and the water has reduced.
- Add sugar, vinegar, and thyme to the pan. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook until mixture gets sticky and thickens. Set aside to cool of 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, butter four 12cm round tart moulds and line with a baking paper base. Cutting the pastry, a little bigger than the diameter of your mould and lay over and fit the pastry into the mould. Trim as needed.
- Arrange beetroot neatly at base of mould and bake in hot oven for about 10 minutes or until pastry is well cooked.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before turning out. Crumble on the goat’s cheese and fresh thyme leaves to serve.