A decadent treat featuring seasonal Tasmanian olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Oil, butter, or spray a 9-inch cake pan, or 24cm loaf tin, that is at least 6cm deep with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest and juice. Add the dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, until the top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely, two hours.
This recipe can be modified to use any in-season citrus; limes taste brilliant with a sprinkling of shaved coconut on top—delish!