Perfect for using up leftover roast pumpkin, this salad will become you go-to Autumn lunch!
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a large baking tray with olive oil.
- Arrange the peeled and cut pumpkin in a single layer on the prepared tray and rub 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil over pumpkin and place in oven. After 30 minutes, turn the pumpkin and continue to cook until light brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Once cooked drain in a large colander and set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Spread the pepitas and sunflower seed kernels over a large baking tray. Bake for five minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and sugar in a small bowl. Place the rice in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lime juice mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the rocket, pumpkin, pepitas and sunflower seed kernels to the rice mixture and gently stir until well combined. Spoon salad among serving plates and serve immediately.
This recipe can be used as a base for using leftover roast veg—swap the pumpkin for other seasonal roast veg you might have left in the fridge, such as parsnip.