An easy and delicious lunchbox addition that makes the most of delicious seasonal silverbeet.
- Take pastry out of freezer and preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare two large baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large frypan, over medium heat sauté onion and garlic for five minutes or until onion is golden and then add silverbeet and kale for another 2-3 minutes until partially cooked. Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Let the cooked greens cool slightly before adding the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, parsley and Parmesan. Mix to combine.
- Place the thawed pastry on your kitchen bench and cut in half to create 2 rectangles – you should have 6 in total.
- Divide filling between pastries, brush edge with egg then roll up, place them onto the baking tray (folded side facing down).
- Cut rolls into 4, or to your preferred serving size. Brush tops with egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Best served and enjoyed the day of cooking.
These silverbeet and ricotta rolls are perfect for placing in school lunches—they taste just as great served cold the next day.