Start up the grill for a crowd-pleasing platter of vegetables—in Summer, simple is best.
Tahini Yoghurt DressingMake the tahini dressing: Put tahini, lemon juice and garlic in a small mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in olive oil, yogurt and a good pinch of salt.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill, or a stovetop grill pan. Heat should be medium-high. Make sure grill racks are clean.
- Cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut your summer veg (zucchini, capsicums and/or eggplant) lengthwise or at an angle into 2 cm-thick slices. Brush slices with olive oil on both sides, and season with salt and pepper. Keep your corn on the cob (brush also with olive oil and season with salt and pepper).
- Grill the onions and capsicums first (they take longer to cook): Set onion slices carefully on grill so they don’t fall apart. Start the capsicums skin-side up. Capsicums and onions should take 4 to 5 minutes per side. As they are done, remove to a serving platter.
- Grill the zucchini, corn and eggplant for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. As they are done, remove to a serving platter.
- Arrange the grilled vegetables on a platter (or toss together in a large bowl to serve as a salad). Serve warm or at room temperature. Just before serving, drizzle the tahini sauce over the vegetables, sprinkle with green herbs. Serve with fresh tomatoes and sliced avocado.