A classic dessert with a local twist!
Sally Port is a Huon Valley-based local who has kindly offered up her favourite apple crumble recipe. We hope you’ll love this recipe too. It’s simple, easy and a celebration of the Huon Valley’s hero produce—apples.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Core and slice the apples into eighths. Place the apple slices into a pan and drizzle 1 teaspoon of the reserved melted butter over the apples. Keep the rest of the butter for later.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar over the apples. Toss or stir in the pan to coat the apples.
- Place the flour, oats, seeds, cinnamon, salt and 1/3 cup of brown sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Pour in the remaining melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the apples, allowing it to remain somewhat clumped as you do this.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. When it's ready you should easily be able to pierce through the apples with a fork. Let the dish cool almost to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!