- Put half the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover generously with boiling water and soak for two minutes, using a fork to gently separate the noodles after they start to soften. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium deep frypan over high heat. Stir-fry the beef mince or tofu and garlic, breaking up the lumps with a spoon, for three minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving any oil in the pan.
- Add the onion and Asian greens to the pan and stir-fry for two minutes or until tender. Add 2 tbsp water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the mince, the sauce mixture, Asian greens and noodles to the pan and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until warmed through. Remove the pan from the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the hoisin beef noodles among bowls and scatter over the sesame seeds and fresh herbs—enjoy!
If you have any spring onion in the fridge, thinly slice the green part and scatter over the stir-fry to serve.