- To cook the pinkeyes, scrub the potatoes with a new scourer to remove all of the skin. Put in a pot and cover with water, add a pinch of salt and bring them to a gentle simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until they are cooked through. Test that they’re cooked by poking one with a skewer, if there is little resistance they are cooked. Drain.
- Trim the tops and tails from the beans. Bring a small pot of water to the boil and dunk the beans in for one minute.
- Zest and juice the lemon. Peel and slice the onion into rounds and chop the parsley.
- Toss the potato, beans, spinach, onion, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley in a bowl just before serving.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dust each fillet on both sides.
- Heat a heavy based pan to medium, add olive oil and butter. Cook the fillets for 3-5 minutes on one side then flip over and cook for a further 3-5 minutes on the other side, or until just cooked through. Serve immediately with the salad.