A refreshing snack for a hot summers day.
- In a large blender add the strawberries water, sugar, lemon juice and elderflower cordial if using. Blend until creamy and well combined.
- Transfer the granita mixture into a large metal container (faster freezing than plastic) cover, and transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze for half an hour, remove from freezer and using a fork, stir the mixture vigorously to break any ice crystals. Return to the freezer.
- Repeat every 30 minutes, for 2-3 times, or until your granita has reached a velvety sorbet-like texture. Alternatively, you can blend the mixture with a hand blender every 45 minutes.
- Once ready, it's best to eat your granita straight away. Top it onto sliced summer fruits like apricots and peaches.