Easy to throw together, this springtime vegetable galette celebrates the best of Tasmanian asparagus season.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a small bowl, mix the mascarpone or sour cream, 1 tsp Aleppo pepper, ½ the lemon zest, salt, and some pepper until incorporated.
- Line your baking tin with the puff pastry.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Spread the mascarpone/sour cream mix onto the bottom of the puff pastry.
- Place the asparagus spears on top, alternating their orientation (this ensures even cooking and presentation!).
- Put in the oven to cook for 16-20 minutes.
- Chop the toasted hazelnuts coarsely and finely chop the chives.
- In another small bowl, mix the hazelnuts, chives, the rest of the lemon zest, the pinch of Aleppo pepper, olive oil and a small squeeze of the lemon juice (about a tablespoon worth).
- Remove the galette from the tin and dress with the hazelnut mixture, top with the shaved parmesan. Serve immediately—enjoy!
If your hazelnuts are raw with the skin on, toast them for 7 minutes in the 180 degrees Celcius oven, place inside a tea-towel and rub vigorously to remove the skins (they’re bitter).